Windows Product Team: Windows 98:
1. Double click on the time on your
taskbar to bring up time/date properties.
2. Go to Time Zone tab
3. While holding CTRL, drag an imaginary object from Memphis, Egypt, drop it in
4. Drag the same object to Redmond, Washington, then drop it. (release CTRL)
5. The list of the people who helped make win98 is shown.
Special Thanks to ArcaneX
Solitaire Scoring Trick: Solitaire in
Windows (95, 98, NT)
1. In Solitaire, choose "Game,"
select "Options," and choose Draw three. (You can also put the
scoring and stats on)
2. Type in "xyzzy" (without the quotes).
3. Hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift.
4. Click on the deck of cards.
Special Thanks to William
1. Right Click on your
2. Select New and choose Shortcut.
3. Click Cancel and immediately repeat steps 1 and 2 a few times.
4. What happened to New?
Bill Gates Horse, Nugget: Windows 95
1. Start Windows 95.
2. While Windows is starting, you will see just a black screen and a cursor.
3. Press the following keys in this order (without commas): Ctrl, F6, Right
shift, Delete, then click the right mouse button.
4. If you can do that before the black
screen is replaced with your wallpaper, it will show Bill Gates' horse, Nugget.
3d Text Volcano Trick: Windows 98
1. Right Click on the desktop.
2. Select Properties.
3. Choose Screen Saver tab.
4. Choose 3D text, and click settings.
5. Type "volcano" in the text box.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Preview, and Enjoy!
Windows Product Team Credits: Windows 95,
1. Right Click on the Desktop.
2. Select New... then Folder.
3. Name the folder "and now, the moment you've all been waiting for".
4. Right Click on the folder and rename it to "we proudly present for your
5. Rename it again to "The Microsoft Windows 95 Product Team!"
6. Open the folder and the Windows 95 credits will be displayed. The folder will
remain around so anytime you want to view the credits again, all you have to do
is re-open the folder.
Error in Explorer: Windows Explorer,
Windows 95, 98, NT
1. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del
2. Click on Explorer
3. Click End Task
4. When it asks to shutdown. Choose -No
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until you get an error message
6. When error message appears - choose End Task
7. Watch animation on the taskbar (at the bottom)
Stop Time in Minesweeper: Minesweeper (Windows 95, 98, NT)
1. In Minesweeper, click on a square to get
the timer going.
2. Hold down both mouse buttons, and a 9 square indentation will appear.
3. Hit the ESC key
4. Get the best time
Know where mines are in Miners are in
Minesweeper: Minesweeper (Windows 95, 98, NT)
1. Hold down the Shift key and type XYZZY
2. Release Shift and then press it again.
3. Whenever your cursor is over the top of a mine, the top left pixel on your
screen shows as a black dot.
FreeCell Secret Levels: FreeCell (Windows
95, 98, NT)
1. Open FreeCell
2. Press F3 and enter either -1 or -2 into the dialog box and click okay
Windows 98 bug: Windows 98
1. Right click on a short cut on your desktop.
2. Go to properties and change icon.
3. Double click the icon already selected and click OK.
4. Then right click on the desktop again and highlight "New"
5. Then you will see why Windows 98 lost its new appeal
Windows Explorer Bug: Windows Explorer
(Windows 95, 98, NT)
1. click the start button
2. up to settings
3. click task bar & start menu
4. then click the start menu program tab
5. click advanced
6. now type c:\ where it says address and press enter
7. enjoy the message
Eject PC?: Windows 98
1. Go to Notepad from the Start Menu and click
2. Click Change Icon and double click on the same icon again
3. Hover between Start and Shut Down
and you'll be able to Eject your PC (This feature of Win98 is actually used to
eject laptops from a docking station - but this is a strange way to enable that
option on desktops!)